Makeup Tips for Brides with Glasses
MAKEUP TIPS FOR BRIDES WITH GLASSES
MONTREAL WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY
Todays blog post is being written by one of our trusted vendors, Sacha. She is an incredibly talented makeup artist, and she has some tips for brides who are worried about wearing glasses on their wedding day!
Hello everyone, I’m Sacha! I’ve been wearing glasses since grade school, but wear contacts most days. Applying makeup can be tricky when you can’t see well without your glasses on. I’ve come to learn a few tips with wearing glasses and makeup I thought I’d share!
5 SIMPLE TIPS
LOOK YOUR BEST ON YOUR WEDDING DAY
1. Invest in a good concealer as glasses can highlight dark circles. Also, don’t forget to set with some translucent powder so it doesn’t crease and lasts all day.
2. Define and fill in those brows because brows frame glasses and of course your whole face!
3. Wear eyeliner top and bottom. You can even skip eyeshadow for a natural look as glasses tend to hide eyeshadow.
4. Go more bold than you think!
5. Wear colours that suit and complement your glasses. I have purple in my glasses so I tend to like to wear berry coloured lips and cheeks. Neutral glasses you can have fun and wear almost anything.
I’ve also come to learn that using a small close up mirror while applying makeup to be a lot easier on days when I wear frames rather then in a large mirror!
Most importantly be confident and rock those shades!
WATCH OUT FOR REFLECTIONS
TALK TO YOUR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER
Thank you Sacha for your insights! We are sure many brides will sleep a little easier tonight.
From a photographer’s perspective, the only real downside to wearing glasses on your wedding day is the possibility of unwanted reflections in your lenses.
The last thing any bride or groom wants is to look at their wedding photos and not be able to find a single photograph where they can see their eyes clearly. However, through our years of experience we know all the tricks in the book to make sure this doesn’t happen to our couples.
We also strongly suggest to our couples that they wear their wedding day eyewear for their engagement session. This allows us to test the lenses in a real world setting so on the day of your wedding there are no surprises.
Mandy & Randy is a Montreal based wedding photography studio. However, we photograph weddings throughout the provinces of Quebec and Ontario. We also offer destination weddings.
For wedding photography pricing and package information, please click here.
For information on our wedding photography style, please click here.
For information on our wedding videography services, please click here.
For any other questions, please contact us.
We hope to have the pleasure of being your wedding photographer!
Mandy & Randy